Privacy and Security Policy
1. Our Details
Ambermed Limited (we/us/our) is a company committed to the protection of our customer’s privacy. The following policy outlines how we process your data. If you have any concerns regarding your personal information or how we process such information, please contact us at email@example.com . Our business address is:
The Mill Business Centre,
You can contact us by writing to the business address, by using our website contact form or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Credit/Debit card details
- IP address
This information is supplied by you when making a purchase through our website, or already stored on our secure servers if you are already a customer of Ambermed Ltd. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. You can check the information that we hold about you by visiting your account or emailing us. The information we hold will be as accurate and up to date as it can be, and if you find any inaccuracies we will correct it promptly, or delete it if you so wish. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We will not transfer or sell your information. We may use technology such as cookies to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us by letter or email. Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Use of Personal Information
We will never disclose your information to third parties outside of Ambermed Ltd. except where we have your consent, where we are required to or permitted to do so by law, or to other companies who provide a service to us. The following outlines how we use your personal information.
- We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To provide a sales, customer service or training support service
- To keep you updated on the status of your purchase order
- To check in with you about your order once it has been delivered, to ensure that you are happy with your order.
- When you place an order, we need to know your name, email address, address, phone number (and possibly other relevant contacts in your organisation). This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of the status of your order.
- Credit and debit card details are never stored by Ambermed Ltd.. We employ the services of . Credit and debit card details are never stored by Ambermed. We employ the services of Worldpay, who provide a secure and private, 3rd party payment gateway to process your card details. The financial data is available only to the banks and credit card clearing services for the purpose of processing payments.
- We may forward your personal information to other service providers/contractors, who we employ to fulfill your order.
- We employ the services of Fastway Couriers to complete deliveries. To ensure delivery, we are obliged to provide them with your name, address, email address and phone number.
We reserve the right to pass on personal data if the business is sold.
4. International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area, including the United States of America. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
5. Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology, via Worldpay (see 3.3).
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when using it to log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
7. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Regulation effective May 25, 2018 you as an individual have the following rights:
- To obtain details about how your data is processed by us.
- To obtain copies of personal data that we hold about you.
- To have incorrect or incomplete data corrected.
- To have your data erased by us.
- To obtain your data from us and to have that data transmitted to another organisation.
- To object to the processing of your data by an organisation in certain circumstances.
- To not to be subject to (with some exceptions) automated decision making, including profiling.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity
- requests can take up to 28 days to process
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookies
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
Google Analytics uses the following cookies to provide its analytics service:
|Used to distinguish users and sessions. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
|Used to throttle request rate.
|Used to determine new sessions/visits. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
|Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
|Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +353 (0)61 397533